Sunday, February 3, 2013

Raspberry and Lime dresses

I love to sew. I've been sewing for pretty much as long as I can remember. I remember sewing when I was 6 or 7 I think. Well, I love to make pretty things, and my two youngest children are the primary beneficiaries of that effort. Dressing two little adorable girls is just the best. I came across this fabric at the store and knew I wanted to do something bold and fun with it. I wasn't exactly sure what, so I bought a generic amount of fabric. Well, I ended up having enough fabric to make 4 dresses and several elaborate hair pretties. I made 2 of each size of dress, so each little girl gets one dress and the other will get put up on etsy sometime soon.

Getting ready for church this morning I had enough time to go snap a few pictures of them in their dresses and hair pretties. I think these dresses turned out pretty well. I opted to fully line the dresses because the fabric is thin, and that of course adds to the brain workout as I altered the pattern as I went. There were so many yokes and shoulder pieces and such. Oh my! I don't know that I will make this pattern again any time soon.


Two adorable sisters!

The big sister hair pretty
 
 The baby sister hair pretty. She wouldn't let me take a picture, so I snuck up on her as she was going inside. The things a mom has to do to get pictures sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment